God's Animals

Yeah5.com

Last summer we were camping one night, when the raccoons started coming around. We watched them fighting over everything from left over hot dogs to burnt marshmallows. When their claws come out it can get pretty ugly. Another camper came over to our campsite to watch the show. He made the remark that it would be funny to put something in the food that would make the raccoons sick. I didn’t give that comment a second thought, but apparently God did.

That night I dreamt that our granddaughter was throwing up in front of our camper. I was deeply troubled, because in the dream I knew someone had poisoned her. Was God showing me that He feels equally sad when someone tortures an animal, or hunts it down for the sport of it?
Then I recalled a recent visit to a nature center, where I had sensed God’s sorrow, but I didn’t know why He was grieving. In light of this dream, I put two and two together, and I wondered if He was grieving because of the animal pelts on display. Perhaps some of those animals were captured just for their fur coats? I don’t know. There’s a couple in my hometown who travel overseas to kill exotic animals, and then they have them stuffed and put on display in their home. I can only imagine how that must grieve God.
What does God say about the relationship between man and animal?

And God said, "Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: livestock, creatures that move along the ground, and wild animals, each according to its kind." And it was so. God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good.

Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air and all the creatures that move on the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food." And it was so.
It's one thing to use the animals for food,but to intentionally harm an animal, or hunt it down for sport? Every living creature carries God's DNA. Let us respect ALL life.




William Albert Allard



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...