A Penny for your Thoughts

Yesterday I was walking on the beach, and my thoughts started drifting to the past, back to the carefree days of childhood. Whenever my little friends and I went for a walk, we always looked for coins on the ground. We were seeking worldly treasures.

So I started walking with my head down, wondering what I might find in the sand. Perhaps a gold nugget, or a jagged diamond, or a valuable sea shell, or a quarter. Suddenly it hit me how ridiculous this was. The treasure was all around me - the cinnamon sugar sand, the white capped waves, the seagulls sailing in the breeze - all of God's creation is a treasure!

So I looked all around me, and said a silent 'thank you' to God for a world filled with treasures. As I continued walking along, something shiny caught my eye. There, right in front of me was a shiny, brand new penny in the sand. Funny, I 'd been on the same path up and down the beach, and didn't see it before. God had added one more treasure to the beach. He loves to delight His children!

"God! Let the cosmos praise your wonderful ways, the choir of holy angels sing anthems to your faithful ways! Search high and low, scan skies and land, you'll find nothing and no one quite like God. The holy angels are in awe before him; he looms immense and august over everyone around him." (Psalm 89:5 The Message)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...