RED LETTER MEDITATION 2




Matthew 5:7-10

As you meditate on the RED WORDS, close your eyes. You are in a lovely garden, communing with your Father, just as Jesus communed with His Father in the Garden. Breathe deeply as the water rushes through your spirit, listening for the Holy Spirit's utterance...

"Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy."

Hush...eyes closed. Blessed are the merciful, blessed are the merciful.

How I long for Your mercy, Father God. I am a pitiful sinner, for I have fallen short so many times. But your WORD says that I will be shown mercy when I have shown mercy toward others. Fill me with this mercy, this humility, Lord Jesus...

"Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God."

Sshhh...pure in heart...pure heart...

Father, You and You alone know the condition of my heart. Holy Spirit, reveal any hidden frailties or flaws. For I long to be pure in heart, for it is only the pure in heart who will see God. Father, of all these blessings, to see YOU is the greatest blessing of all.

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God."

Ahhh...blessed are the peacemakers. Have I brought peace to the world around me? To be peaceful and to issue peace, this is the calling of the peacemakers. Lord may we walk in peace, for we long to be called Your sons and daughters.

"Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."

Blessed are the persecuted because of righteousness...

When I am mocked and ridiculed for Your Name sake, I am blessed. Instill boldness for Your KINGDOM within me, Father. May I never shirk in fear, but face your foes in confidence. The Kingdom of Heaven belongs to those who have suffered with You.

Head bowed and eyes closed...Father God, beautify my soul! You will be faithful to finish the work You started in me. And so with a thankful heart I offer everything I am into Your beautiful, nail-scarred Hands. Refine me so that one day I may stand before Your THRONE wearing a robe of righteousness. In Jesus name, amen.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...