RED LETTER MEDITATION 1



Let's read each scripture,


s l o w l y ...


paying attention to your inner spirit, the place where God's Holy Spirit dwells. As you meditate on the scriptures, be aware of your breathing, your body. Let God's Word sink into your depths, and feel the rushing waters and winds that are stirring within.


For today's meditation, let's begin with the red letters in Matthew chapter 5:


"Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven"


Sshhh....be still. Close your eyes. Repeat the red words, over and over. Let the river of God's Spirit flow through the gateway like a rushing river.


Splat..


Drip, drip, drip...



Lord, I am poor in spirit. I am broken, and completely undone before you. I am barefoot in the wilderness, with no fortress in sight. I am broken. Thank you that You see all the cracks in this vessel. I can feel the river of Your love flowing through me. Thank you that the Kingdom of Heaven is for the poor in spirit, for the broken-hearted. For I am broken.


"Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted."


Thank you Jesus, that during my time of mourning, Your comfort covers me like a blanket. You are


Jehovah El Roi


the God Who sees. As I make my passage through this time of weariness, You are beside me. Though I will mourn for a season, in time I will once again dance with reckless abandon before Your throne.


Add your own words here. Linger on each precious word, and let it minister to your soul...


"Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth."


Heavenly Father, I desire the cloak of humility, the robe of righteousness. How many times did I lash out at others, only to painfully regret it later. I am crushed in my frailties and flaws. Make me meek, Lord. Only then can I inherit the earth. Look with favor on Your servant, as I humble myself before You.


eyes closed...blessed are the meek...blessed are the meek...


"Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled."


Fill me with Your Holy Spirit, Lord! I hunger and thirst for You...for Your Holiness. Oh, to be filled with more of You, my deepest longings are filled to the brim like dew drops in the early morning. Like a field full of effervescent dew drops. You refresh my soul...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...