The Greatest Among You

“The greatest among you will be your servant.” (Matt 23:11)

I dreamt I was sitting in the courtyard of a big mansion. I had made a mess with crumbs, and the harder I tried to clean it up, the worse it got. A butler had been watching me make a fool of myself, and then he walked over to me and cleaned up my mess. He had dark hair, a neatly trimmed beard, and he was wearing a tuxedo. His eyes were kind. I knew that he didn’t clean up my mess because it was his job, but because of his great love. I remember thinking “If this man is married, his wife is the luckiest woman in the world.” Later in the day while thinking about this dream, I realized that the butler was Jesus, and yes, His bride is very lucky. We are His bride.

I had made such a mess of things. Everything I cared about was in shambles and ruins around me, and the harder I tried to fix it, the worse it got. Things got messy and people got hurt. Have you ever been in this place?

This is exactly where God wants you, for it is in this lonely, broken place that He can finally come to your rescue. When you get to the place where there is nothing else you can do to help yourself, then He can finally help you.

What can He do in your desperation? He sends His Son, Jesus. Jesus is right by your side, and He’s wearing His tuxedo. It's time to take your hands off the mess you made, and let Him take care of it. Jesus alone can clean up this mess and give you a fresh start, and if you’ll just trust Him, He will do it.

Would you let Jesus clean up your mess? Ask Him today. He’s waiting in His tuxedo, ready and willing to send your failures as far as the east is from the west. He is waiting…

For thus says the high and exalted One who lives forever, whose name is Holy "I dwell on a high and holy place, and also with the contrite and lowly of spirit in order to revive the spirit of the lowly and to revive the heart of the contrite." (Isaiah 57:15)

Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time.
(1 Peter 5:6)

The Lord is near to those who have a broken heart, and saves such as have a contrite spirit.
(Psalm 34:18)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...